Are you passionate about Public Affairs? And about health, life sciences, and agriculture? Are you eager to contribute to a healthier and more sustainable world? Then we would definitely like to meet you.
For our international office in Brussels we are looking for a:
Public Affairs Intern
Brussels | 38 hours a week | as soon as possible
We are offering a nine month internship to a candidate looking to acquire first-hand experience in an international public affairs and communications agency. If you would like to familiarise yourself with the work of a consultant, dealing with topics relating to communications and PA in health & food at the EU level, then you may be the person we’re looking for!
Who are we?
We are Schuttelaar & Partners, the leading communications consultancy that strives to promote greater health and sustainability. To do so, we rely on a combination of science, social dialogue and good sense to help our clients build public support for sustainable innovations in food, agriculture, technology and human health. Our 70+ consultants, just like our clients, come from all walks of life: government, industry, research and NGOs. Thanks to our unique spectrum of in-house experts and experience - which range from scientists and journalists to graphic designers and internet specialists - we develop and help guide public affairs and communication projects from start to finish. Schuttelaar & Partners has offices in Brussels, The Hague and Wageningen and is part of an international network of PR/PA agencies.
What will you do?
- Administrative support to the Brussels’ team and involvement in various communication activities for Schuttelaar & Partners as a whole.
- Support to (senior) consultants in their communication and/or public affairs activities (e.g. preparation of meetings, organisation of events, desk research and interviews).
- Monitoring of European developments of relevance for S&P.
- Master’s Degree in life sciences & health or agriculture, with proven experience in communication and working in projects.
- A high level of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Dutch is desirable. Knowledge of any other language such as Spanish, French or German is an asset.
- Excellent social skills and team spirit, with a hands-on, flexible and solution driven work mentality.
- Support for the mission and philosophy of Schuttelaar & Partners.
What we have to offer
- A nine-month internship starting immediately and on a full-time basis.
- After good results a possible next step is a promotion to junior consultant.
- A monthly stipend and lunch vouchers.
- Challenging and varied work for a commercial agency with a social mission.
- Guidance and coaching by senior professionals.
- A professional, dynamic, and ambitious working environment, where personal initiative is encouraged.
How to apply
We are looking forward to your motivation letter and CV at email@example.com. Of course, you can also get in touch with us for more information.
Closing date is September 1st. The first selection interviews will be on Tuesday September 3rd and Thursday September 5th. The second round will take place on Tuesday September 10th. Will you please hold a reservation in your calendar?